Monday, August 29, 2011

The Beginning of Our Family

Nick and I first met in high school when a mutual friend set us up on a blind date. Although it was memorable, we didn't do much together until after his mission. He returned in the summer of 2007 and asked me to attend his Homecoming talk. Apparenlty I didn't make too much of an impression on him because he only asked me on two dates that summer. That fall we met up again while attending school at BYU in Utah. Unfortunatley, I had to make the first move and ask him on a date. Later I found out that he was not excited to go on that date, but felt like he couldn't tell me "no." Lucky for me, the date went well and by Christmas that year, Nick was asking me to marry him. We were married in the Columbia River Washington Temple on April 26, 2008.


Right after Nick and I were married we headed to Missouri so Nick could sell pest control.


This, however, was short-lived and it turned into a week long Church History Tour instead. Although this left us a little nervous about what we would do for summer work, we enjoyed the sights and stops. My favorite stops were Carthage Jail and the Nauvoo Temple.


After returning home to the Tri-Cities, Nick went to work for Premier Excavation and I picked up my old summer job at a doctor's office. That fall we returned to school at BYU in Provo, Utah and moved into our first house (renting of course)! Nick studied Construction Management and I studied Education. Luckily we were able to work out our schedules, and we both graduated in April of 2010. That day, we loaded up the Budget truck and moved back to the Tri-Cities.

By October, we were officially "grown-ups" and could no longer play the poor-college-students-card because Nick and I both had jobs, we were signing papers on our first house, and we had a baby on the way!!


Our little girl was set to arrive on June 29, 2011 so I put Nick to work on updating the house before the two of us became three. He pulled carpet out of half the house, stained the hardwood floor, put in new carpet, put in new trim, painted the bedrooms, redid the bathrooms, and updated the landscape. This does not give justice to all the hard work he did but he is also working on a blog to show what he has done. When that is up and running I will post that link.

About four weeks earlier than expected, our sweet bundle of joy arrived.

Charlize Elizabeth Wright was born on June 5, 2011 at 3:46 am, weighing 6 pounds, 6 ounces and measuring 17 3/4 inches long.


Such a beautiful little girl; and she certainly has her dad's lips!!

2 comments:

  1. That was a perfect beginning to a blog. I love how it covered everything, but wasn't super long. I'm glad that you are now a blogger, so we can watch C grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley I didn't know you had a baby! Congrats she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete