Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Charlize has a new trick!

Yesterday I needed to bake some goodies for Visiting Teaching so I set Charlize on the floor on her back in the living room and went to work in the kitchen.  Not long after I heard a tiny little muffled cry so I went over and found her on her stomach.  Naturally, I was so excited that she finally rolled over and a little sad that I didn't even see it the first time.  But, I had also heard that babies usually roll over for the first time by accident and then don't usually do it again for awhile.  So, I set her down on her back again and went back to the kitchen.  A few short seconds later, I heard her crying again and went down to find her on her stomach once again!  I wasn't going to be fooled a third time so I grabbed the camera and set her down on her back.  She immediately started crying but quickly rolled over onto her stomach again.  She was so upset that she couldn't stay on her back; I don't think she realized she realized she was doing it to herself.  So, the first video I have of Charlize rolling over is actually third time and she is screaming.  Instead of posting that one, I decided to wait before I tried to record her again.  So, here is the video of her later in the day, rolling over with out screaming.  In this video she had a hard time getting her arm out of the way, but every other time she has been able to do it by herself.



As exciting as this is, it has also changed some sleeping habits.  A couple of weeks ago, we moved Charlize into her own room and she did great.  I felt like the whole family was getting more sleep.  But, after she learned how to roll, she has not been sleeping as well.  All of her naps have been interrupted and she kept waking up last night because she will roll over in her sleep and start crying either because her face is smashed into the mattress or because she ran into the side of the crib.   I'll admit that it is a little funny and really cute, but now she needs to learn how to roll from her stomach to her back to get unstuck! 


While I am posting videos, I finally got a pretty good one of Charlize talking to Nick.  Enjoy!


It is so exciting to watch my little one grow and I am so blessed that Nick works as hard as he does so that I can stay home with her! 

Just for the kids
A few days ago my mom decided she needed to buy some baby toys for her house so Charlize and Jocelyn have stuff to play with when they come to visit.  So, last time we went to visit, she took out all the fancy toys and Charlize just had a blast.  She especially loved the ones that had music and lights.  This motivated me to go buy a few toys for my house since all we really had were a few rattles. 


My mom showing Charlize the new toys.


Charlize loved this one--it had lights and played songs!!



My dad jumping in on the action.

Charlize wasn't the only one excited about the new toys. My mom also bought a bunch of peices for the "Marbutopia" marble game and asked Nick to see if he could build a little track.  I think he got a little carried away but had lots of fun doing it.
We figured it must be about eight feet high and the good news is that it actually worked-- the marble went down the whole track.  Good job Nick!

1 comment:

  1. She is talking so much. I love baby talk. I can't wait to talk to her myself. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete